Cavities in Wheaton, IL
Causes of Cavities
- Improper dental hygiene
- A diet high in sugar and starch
- Lack of fluoride
- Chronic diseases or medication which inhibits saliva production
- Drug use
Symptoms of cavities
When cavities are forming, they can have symptoms that are difficult to notice. These symptoms include a slight sensitivity to cold and mild discoloration of the tooth surface. As the cavity advances on the tooth’s dentin, a dark spot will appear and the tooth sensitivity will increase. If a cavity should affect the tooth’s pulp, it can become painful and you may experience bad breath and a bad taste in your mouth. If a cavity is not treated at this point, the tooth becomes prone to infection which can cause an abscess.
- Brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day
- Minimize the intake of products high in sugar and starch
- Visit the dentist every six months for a complete check-up
- Ask for a professional cleaning at least once a year if you do not smoke (sooner if the tartar build-up is high) or twice a year if you smoke or chew tobacco.
Cavities are common, but they should not affect your busy life! Visit our office today for cost-effective and reliable treatment of cavities in Wheaton.
Here at Wheaton Advanced Dental, we are always looking for ways to offer top-notch dental services in our office. We understand that it can be hard to choose a dental office that you can trust. Our team has created a comfortable, inviting environment where you can learn more about taking care of your dental health. If you are looking for a local dental office, then Wheaton Advanced Dental is here to help.
Monday11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Thursday7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Saturday (alternating)8:00 am - 5:00 pm